This cold snap America is feeling in early 2024 is no joking matter. While the outside may be freezing we’ll go over the warm delicious drinks you can enjoy after a long hard day or when you’re hosting friends and family over the weekend. Best part? You can prep all the ingredients in your new or existing BumperBar and make them even faster and without the mess! Disclaimer: This article is intended for audiences of ages 21 and older.
The Top 5 Warm Alcoholic Drinks to Beat the Winter Freeze
Spiced Apple Cider:
Ingredients for Spiced Apple Cider
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 1 cup of dark rum or bourbon (adjust to your preference)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4-6 whole cloves
- 4-6 whole allspice berries
- 1-2 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks or apple slices (for garnish)
- In a large pot, pour the apple cider and heat it over medium-low heat. Do not bring it to a boil, but let it warm up slowly.
- While the cider is warming, add the cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, whole allspice berries, and fresh ginger to the pot. Stir gently to release the spices' flavors into the cider.
- Add the orange and apple slices to the pot, allowing them to infuse their fruity goodness into the mixture.
- Stir in the brown sugar. Start with 1/4 cup and adjust to your preferred level of sweetness. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cider is hot and well-infused with the spices and fruit flavors.
- Once the cider is heated through and flavored to your liking, remove it from the heat and discard the spices and fruit slices.
- Stir in the dark rum or bourbon. Adjust the amount to your desired level of alcohol strength.
- Ladle the alcoholic spiced apple cider into mugs or glasses.
- Optionally, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a cinnamon stick or apple slice for a beautiful presentation.
This alcoholic spiced apple cider is perfect for cozy gatherings, fall and winter parties, or as a warm and comforting drink by the fireplace. It's ideal for holiday celebrations like Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it can also be enjoyed on chilly evenings or during outdoor events like bonfires and apple-picking adventures. The warm, aromatic flavors of cinnamon, cloves, and citrus make it a delightful choice for any occasion where you want to create a festive and inviting atmosphere.
Brandy Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2 ounces of brandy
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder (for garnish)
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and heavy cream over medium heat. Heat until it's steaming, but not boiling.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and cocoa powder to the milk mixture. Whisk continuously until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the granulated sugar and a pinch of salt. Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more sugar if needed. Continue to whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the brandy and pure vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the brandy hot chocolate into mugs or glasses.
- Optionally, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings or a sprinkle of cocoa powder for an extra touch of indulgence.
Brandy Hot Chocolate is a luxurious and warming beverage that's perfect for a variety of settings. It's great for a cozy night by the fireplace or as a comforting drink on a chilly winter evening. You can also serve it at holiday gatherings, dessert parties, or as a nightcap after a delicious dinner. The addition of brandy adds a sophisticated twist to traditional hot chocolate, making it a delightful treat for adults to enjoy.
The Infamous Hot Toddy!
- 2 oz (60ml) of your favorite whiskey (bourbon, Scotch, or Irish whiskey work well)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1-2 cloves (optional)
- Lemon slice or twist (for garnish)
- Thinly sliced lemon wheel (for garnish)
- Begin by heating water to near boiling. You can do this in a kettle or by heating water in a microwave-safe container in the microwave.
- While the water is heating, choose your favorite whiskey and measure out 2 ounces (60ml).
- In a heatproof glass or mug, add the honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and your optional cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Once the water is hot but not boiling, pour it into the glass or mug over the honey, lemon juice, and spices. Stir well until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Add the 2 ounces of whiskey to the mixture and give it another gentle stir.
- Garnish your Hot Toddy with a slice or twist of lemon and a thinly sliced lemon wheel for added flavor and presentation.
A Hot Toddy is a soothing and warming drink that's perfect for those chilly evenings when you want to relax and unwind. It's often enjoyed as a comforting remedy for colds and sore throats due to its soothing qualities. You can sip on a Hot Toddy by the fireplace, while reading a book, or as a nightcap before bed. It's also a great choice for gatherings during the colder months or as a simple indulgence when you want a bit of warmth and relaxation.
Choose Your Poison Ginger Tea!
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 ginger tea bag or 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 oz (60ml) of your choice of alcohol (rum, whiskey, or brandy)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (adjust to taste)
- 1 lemon slice (optional, for garnish)
- Fresh ginger slices (optional, for garnish)
- Start by boiling water and pouring it into a heatproof glass or mug.
- Add the ginger tea bag or freshly grated ginger to the hot water. Allow it to steep for about 3-5 minutes, or longer if you prefer a stronger ginger flavor.
- Remove the tea bag or strain out the grated ginger if using loose ginger.
- Stir in your choice of alcohol (rum, whiskey, or brandy). Adjust the amount to your preference.
- Add honey to sweeten the tea. Start with 1-2 tablespoons and adjust according to your taste.
- Optionally, garnish with a lemon slice and a few fresh ginger slices for added flavor and presentation.
Alcoholic Ginger Tea is a soothing and invigorating beverage that's perfect for various settings. It's an excellent choice for relaxing evenings when you want to enjoy a warm and comforting drink with a touch of alcohol. It's also a popular choice during the colder months or when you're feeling under the weather, as ginger is known for its soothing properties. You can enjoy it while unwinding at home, as a pre-dinner drink, or even as a nightcap before bed.
Delicious and Eloquent Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle (750ml) of red wine (choose a medium-bodied wine like Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup of brandy or rum
- 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-6 whole cloves
- 4-6 whole allspice berries
- 1 star anise (optional)
- Orange peel strips (for garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks or lemon slices (for garnish)
- Pour the red wine into a large saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Be careful not to bring it to a boil.
- Add the brandy or rum to the wine and stir.
- Stir in the honey or maple syrup. Start with 1/4 cup and adjust to your preferred level of sweetness.
- Add the thinly sliced orange and lemon, along with the cinnamon stick, whole cloves, whole allspice berries, and the optional star anise.
- Allow the mixture to simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to infuse the flavors.
- Once the mulled wine is heated through and the flavors have melded together, remove it from the heat.
- Strain the mulled wine into mugs or glasses to remove the spices and fruit slices.
- Garnish each serving with a strip of orange peel, a cinnamon stick, or a lemon slice for an attractive presentation.
Mulled Wine is a delightful and warming beverage that's perfect for various occasions and settings. It's a classic choice for holiday gatherings, such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. It's also wonderful for cozy evenings by the fireplace, winter parties, or as a festive drink for New Year's Eve celebrations. The aromatic spices and citrusy notes make it an ideal choice for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Best Setting for a Warm Alcoholic Drink
- Cozy Evening by the Fireplace: There's nothing quite like sipping on a warm alcoholic beverage in front of a crackling fireplace. Whether you're at home, in a cozy cabin in the woods, or in a charming winter chalet, these drinks can add a touch of warmth and comfort to your evening.
- Holiday Gatherings: Warm alcoholic drinks are a staple at holiday gatherings. Serve Mulled Wine at Christmas parties, Brandy Hot Chocolate at Thanksgiving dinners, or Alcoholic Spiced Apple Cider at holiday-themed events. They create a festive atmosphere and keep everyone toasty.
- Fall and Winter Outdoor Activities: When you're out in the cold for activities like apple picking, ice skating, or hiking, having a thermos of Alcoholic Spiced Apple Cider or Alcoholic Ginger Tea can be a delightful way to warm up and enjoy the season.
- Dessert Parties: Hosting a dessert party or a dessert-themed event? Brandy Hot Chocolate is an excellent choice to pair with sweet treats like cakes, cookies, and pastries. It complements the flavors and adds a touch of sophistication to your dessert spread.
- Nightcap Before Bed: If you're looking for a soothing drink to unwind before bedtime, a Hot Toddy or Alcoholic Ginger Tea can be the perfect choice. The warmth and soothing properties of ginger can help you relax and get a good night's sleep.
- Après-Ski or Winter Sports: After a day of hitting the slopes or engaging in winter sports, nothing beats the chill like a warm beverage. Mulled Wine is a popular choice at après-ski gatherings, offering a comforting way to end an active day.
- Outdoor Bonfires: Whether you're at a bonfire party or just enjoying a backyard fire pit, warm alcoholic drinks can keep you warm and add a touch of sophistication to your outdoor gathering.
- Candlelit Dinners: Planning a romantic dinner for two? Surprise your partner with a candlelit dinner and a glass of Mulled Wine or Brandy Hot Chocolate for a memorable and cozy experience.
- Café or Bistro: Some cafés and bistros offer specialty warm alcoholic drinks during the colder months. It's a great way to meet up with friends, have a date night, or enjoy a solo treat while watching the world go by.
- Cultural and Seasonal Festivals: Attend cultural or seasonal festivals that feature traditional warm alcoholic beverages. You'll find Mulled Wine at Christmas markets, hot toddies at winter festivals, and more.
Whether you're indoors or outdoors, celebrating a special occasion, or simply indulging in a quiet moment, warm alcoholic drinks add a layer of warmth and flavor to various settings and can enhance your overall experience. Just remember to drink responsibly and savor the moment.
The BumperBar Advantage
We hope you try out some of these warm wonders and let us know your thoughts if don’t have a BumperBar to help you craft these delicious drinks, then head on over to BumperBar.com and get yours today. Click here to pick your perfect winter warm drink prep case in just seconds!